If you take too much Duromine
Immediately telephone your doctor or the Poisons Information Centre (Australia: telephone 13 11 26; New Zealand: 0800 POISON or 0800 764 766) for advice, or go to Accident and Emergency at the nearest hospital, if you think that you or anyone else may have taken too much Duromine. Do this even if there are not signs of discomfort or poisoning.
The effectiveness and safety of Duromine are well studied and confirmed by:
- Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG)
- New Zealand Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Authority (Medsafe)
Duromine provides a fast weight loss, yet, like any prescription anorectic, can cause potentially dangerous side effects. Most of undesirable reactions are caused by the influence of Duromine on the function of:
- central nervous system (CNS)
- cardiovascular system (CVS)
- gastrointestinal tract (GIT)
Before getting a prescription for Duromine pills, obese patient should be warned about possible side effects and the causes of their appearance.
- The most important information about adverse reactions of Duromine are provided to the patient during a medical consultation (prior to or after a medical examination).
- More information on Duromine can be found in “Information Leaflet” that patients get along with diet pills purchased.
Patients who are well aware of Duromine side effects will be able to:
- Independently recognize the symptoms and signs of unwanted reactions.
- Take timely measures to alleviate and prevent side effects.
In this review, you will find a list of adverse reactions and potential risks, associated with the use of Duromine. This review is published for information purposes only and should not be considered a substitute for the advice of the attending physician.
Duromine can cause three main types of adverse reactions:
CNS side effects
Related to Duromine impact over the hypothalamus, as well as the noradrenergic and dopaminergic nervous system.
- Dizziness (Vertigo)
- Essential tremor
- Depressed mood
- Euphoric mood
- Tiredness and fatigue
CVS side effects
Linked with the ability of Duromine to raise blood pressure and alter the heart rate.
- Cardiac arrest
- Chest pain
- Heart attack
- Heart failure
GIT side effects
Related to the influence of the active ingredient of Duromine – Phentermine – on stomach function.
- Dry mouth
- Stomach cramps
- Bad taste in mouth
Duromine can affect not only the nervous system, heart and stomach, but other systems and organs, thereby causing:
- Decreased/Increased libido
- Erectile dysfunction
- Facial swelling
- Micturition disturbances
- Skin rashes.
In addition, side effects, may occur due to:
Abuse & Overdose Of Duromine
Symptoms of an overdose are similar to the usual side effects of Duromine, but are much more pronounced.
Besides the usual side effects – additional undesirable reactions may occur due to overdose of Duromine, including:
- Low blood pressure
- Circulatory collapse
- CNS depression
- Psychomotor agitation
- Autonomic dysreflexia
- Rapid breathing
When severe and serious side effects (including, but not limited to those listed in this review) occur, it is necessary to stop the use of any medication and seek emergency medical attention.
If side effects are caused by an overdose of Duromine, patient may need to:
Rinse the stomach
- If no more than 3-4 hours passed after the administration of the last dose of Duromine.
Take activated charcoal
- After the completion of the gastric lavage procedure.
- If Duromine overdose causes convulsions and agitation
Unwanted Drug Interactions
Duromine may interact with different groups of drugs, including:
- Antidepressants Hypoglycemic agents Sleeping pills
- Anorectics Psychotropic drugs Antihypertensive drugs
- Sympathomimetics Adrenergic antagonist Tyrosine-based hormones
You can find more information about Duromine side effects, caused by drug interactions.
Hypersensitivity Reactions (Allergy)
Duromine causes allergic reactions only in people who have an individual hypersensitivity to Phentermine or inactive ingredients included in these diet pills.
The main allergy signs to Duromine are as follows:
- dermatological reactions (urticaria, itchy rash);
- ophthalmic symptoms (eye redness, itchy eyes);
- bronchopulmonary reactions (dyspnea, wheezing, runny and stuffy nose).
Depending on the individual characteristics of the patient, symptoms of drug allergy to Duromine can be manifested:
- within the first hour after taking the drug;
- within a few days after its use.
At the first allergy signs, stop using Duromine and seek a medical advice of your doctor.
Treatment of obesity with Duromine will be safe only if the obese patient
- Strictlyobserves the dosing regimen and does not abuse the diet pills.
- Timelyinforms the doctor about all symptoms and signs of unusual reactions or side effects
- Undergoesregular medical examination at least once every three months.
When an obese patient begins using Duromine, he should be warned of the fact that a very fast weight loss increases the risk of unwanted cardiovascular and psychiatric side effects.
Therefore, regardless of the obesity severity and BMI – weight should be reduced gradually, by combining Duromine pills with a healthy diet and physical activity.