What is Semaglutide, and how does it work for weight loss
It is a liquid solution for subcutaneous injection in a plastic pen with a built-in mechanical dispenser. The pens (PDS290) are for self-use at home.
Semaglutide simulates the action of the hormone glucagon-like peptide-1. As for the final action, the drug:
- Suppresses appetite both on an empty stomach and during meals.
- Reduces food cravings between meals.
- Prevents portioned intake of food in the intestines.
- Reduces the concentration of sugar in the blood plasma.
- Helps glucose penetrate muscle tissues for getting energy.
What is Semaglutide for people with obesity? It is a real chance to get rid of excess body fat. To see that the drug works and your expectations are met, you should be physically active and have a balanced diet.