The fight against the global obesity epidemic has been going on for several decades, and it cannot be called successful. However, introducing such a new drug as Semaglutide can make a difference.
If you decide to take this medication, you may find its dosing schedule a bit complicated. But trust us, it’s way simpler than it looks, and you will get used to it quickly. Remember that if you have any doubts, don’t hesitate to consult your doctor or a pharmacist! They are always ready to help.
Things you should know:
- The drug is a sterile, aqueous, clear, colorless solution.
- Pens with sterile needles are safe to use after a short tutorial.
- Auto-injector helps to measure the necessary dose.
- The treatment course starts with the lowest dose that is gradually increased over the following months.
- If the drug is safe and effective for you, you will likely take it for a long time.
We’ve made this convenient Semaglutide weight loss dosage chart, so you may check the amount of solution you need to inject in the first stage and later.
|Month 1||0.25 mg per week|
|Month 2||0.5 mg per week|
|Month 3||1 mg per week|
|Month 4||1.7 mg per week|
|Month 5 and onward||2.4 mg per week|
It should be pointed out that the market offers various types of auto-injectors that contain Semaglutide liquid solution in different concentrations. Recommended dosage may vary depending on what item is available in stock.
For subcutaneous injections to have the highest efficacy, you need to follow some tips:
- Read the patient information leaflet that goes with the medicine.
- Use the auto-injector exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Inject the medication once every seven days at any time of the day.
- The solution is to be injected into the upper arm, thigh, or abdomen subcutaneous tissue (not into a vein or muscle).
- You should seek medical attention immediately if you inject too much of the solution.
- A long-term treatment (12 months and more) will increase your chances of losing weight and maintaining your target weight.
TGA and Semaglutide for Weight Loss
This medication was developed in 2012; however, the studies and safety analysis of the solution for injection were completed within five years. The studies involved more than 4000 people. In 2021, the drug was certified as an appetite suppressant in the USA, and in 2022, in the EU countries.
At the time of writing, TGA hasn’t approved the medication for overweight or obese people. Perhaps, the situation is different when you are reading this article, and the status of the drug might have changed.
Semaglutide 0.25-0.5mg/dose Pen Device
Such an autoinjector contains 1.5 mL of solution for injections and 2mg of Semaglutide. It is used at the initial stage of the medical treatment. The mechanical injection device is designed to deliver doses of 0.25 or 0.5 mg.
Using too much of the drug may lead to severe adverse reactions, including overdose. Considering that the medicine’s half-life is a week, an overdose may result in serious and long-term consequences. The main symptoms of overdose are dehydration and gastrointestinal disorders.
First of all, you should take care of your health and not worry about fast weight loss. Try not to put your safety at risk. Don’t change dosage and don’t exceed the dose of 2.4 mg.
We are here to answer all your questions about different ways to burn body fat and the correct medication dosage.
We understand that you may want to see the results from treatment at once, but, trust us, a gradual dose increase is the best clinically tested way to lose weight. This drug is different from oral diet pills because its usage is not limited to several months.