Duromine was introduced into clinical practice in 1969 and was originally sold in New Zealand. Today, this drug is sold not only in the New Zealand, but also in:
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
In all the countries where it is sold, Duromine:
- Comes in the form of extended-release capsules.
- Is aprescription weight loss agent that acts through appetite suppression.
- Containsactive substance, Phentermine, in a once daily formulation .
In all these countries, the same Duromine capsules are sold with identical shape, size, color and markings.
Depending on the type of obesity and individual response to the anorectic effect, obese patients can use:
- Capsulesof 15 mg (green and grey)
- Capsulesof 30 mg (reddish-brown and grey)
- Capsules40 mg (orange and grey) *
*Approved for the treatment of obesity only in Hong Kong
Diet pills Duromine are supplied in PVC/PVDC blisters. One package may contain 3, 7 or 30 capsules. Not all sizes of packages are available in each country.
Duromine pills are manufactured by iNova Pharmaceuticals.
- In addition to Duromine, iNova produces more than 40 prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Duromine is in the top 3 products by iNova Pharmaceuticals, which bring the company’s biggest profit.
In 2011, iNova was acquired by Valeant Pharmaceuticals Company. The merger of the two companies will help to promote Duromine in the African continent and Southeast Asia.